Turning the Tide on Waste
|Time||1 to 4 pm|
|Location||Sebastopol Vets Auditorium|
282 S. High Street
|Description||Landfill Issues and Zero Waste Communities Workshop|
Decision Makers, Activists and Concerned Citizens:
-- Are you interested in learning how Sonoma County could divert more and landfill less?
-- Would you like to hear local professionals report on
California counties and cites who are moving toward Zero Waste?
Topics & Speakers:
Ten minutes each, followed by a Facilitated Group Discussion
Cost: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
- Our Nation's Number One Product is Now Waste - Dr. Jane
E. Nielson, Geologist
- What Is Zero Waste? - Linda Christopher, Grass Roots Recycling Network
- Mandatory Recycling & Maximizing Diversion - Kevin Drew, San Francisco Zero Waste Program
- Diverting Organics Means More Than Composting- Will Bakx, Sonoma Compost Company
- Mandatory Commercial Recycling Coming Soon - Leslie Lukacs, L2 Environmental
- Resource Recovery Parks - Dan Knapp, Owner, Urban Ore, Inc.
Green Events - Mary Munat, Green Mary.com
- Reuse - The Unsung Hero - Portia Sinnott, LITE Initiatives/Zero Waste Sonoma County
- Extended Producer Responsibility - Ken Wells, Guiding Sustainability
- Getting to Zero Through Aggressive Contract Management
To register and
for additional information, or to enquire about sponsoring this workshop and related projects, please email or call (see below)
Get PDF of event flyer.
|Event Host||Zero Waste Sonoma Co, Sonoma County Conservation Council, The Sierra Club, Sonoma Group|
Problems or Questions: Contact Admin